Wednesday, May 14, 2003

WOW... 10 days since I last posted something here! Sorry, things have been hectic, and I just haven't had the energy to blog!

First, things are pretty much status quo. We're still on track to get the testing and final documentation done this week, then put the whole thing on a plane on or around May 20th, with a deployment late in July, and final placement in August. I finally finished my security paperwork last week, so my interim clearance should come through sometime in the next few weeks. A lot of different projects are clamoring for me to jump onboard (apparently... because no one has talked to me directly, I just keep hearing scuttlebutt), but without clearance, I can't work on most of them. Also, one of my biggest concerns, is getting pulled of this project for temporary re-assignment, then not being able to break free when it hits the ground. Everyone is assuring me that won't be the case, but Tom (my PM) and I both have our doubts...

Did I mention that my company (TAMSCO) just got bought by another company? It became official last week, but there aren't supposed to be any significant changes in the way things work. Especially no staff changes, since they're more of a "hands-off" management company. A few of the new owners are down this week, so that's kind of putting a cramp in our final testing, because we're supposed to have a complete working system for demo, and I've been trying to tear it apart, so I can better understand parts that were already together when I got here.

Shelley's going to visit her family down in AZ over Memorial Day weekend, and I would really like to get down there, but at this point, there is just too many things happening for me to make plans. If I break loose and get down there, it's going to be astronomically expensive. Oh well, she's worth it!

I'll try to get some more stuff up soon. Thanks for checking with me!




No comments: