Saturday, October 18, 2003

"Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"

I'm not sure what the cause is, but the effect is increased traffic, and proportionately: traffic ACCIDENTS. I saw FIVE (5) different accidents on my way to work this morning, involving about 12 vehicles. Bear in mind, my drive is about 15 minutes (took me over 30 today), and I am usually guaranteed ONE good smash-up on the way... but never have I seen five! One had rear-ended a flatbed trailer doing at least 60mph, burying the car up to the windshield. Another had rolled off the road, into a ditch, and landed on it's side. There was even a brand-new mercedes that looked like it had been going UP the off-ramp, and had hit two cars before smashing into a concrete pillar.

Ramadan begins 27 Oct, and that might have something to do with it. Everyone is getting a little bit wild before they're expected to behave themselves for a month straight. I was on the phone with Shelley the other night, standing out on my balcony, when I heard several bursts of machine-gun fire, and a single red tracer in the sky. This was in the MIDDLE of town, so needless to say it made me go... "huh!" One of the more interesting things (besides automatic weapons fire in the middle of a populated area), was the fact that red tracers are (supposedly) only used by our troops...

So anyway, I was SO close to getting pictures up last night, and the damn 'net connection dropped. I just went to bed, read for a while, then fell asleep watching a movie. My life has become very exciting that way ... =)

Ok, back to work! More later!

LOVE TO ALL!

No comments: