Monday, April 26, 2004

Today's Surreality brought to you by the letters "R" and "L" ... and the number 4

As I'm driving out to the site this morning at about 3am, the "different planet" feeling was in full effect. In addition to the usual floodlights and industrial area chimneys billowing smoke and fire into the air, a lightning storm was rolling in (first one I've seen in the 8 months I've been here). The result was an incredible visual show. I wish I had the ability to adequately describe the scene... or better yet the camera equipment to capture it. :)

Other than the unusually long and odd hours I'm working, the only thing I really have to report is that Shelley went back to work today. Sounds like it went off without any problems; sounds like Ryan did fine at the daycare also. In case I didn't already mention it (I don't remember), we found a great daycare person while I was home. We met her (she does it out of her home), and she was great with the kids, and very organized. We both feel very comfortable with her.

I will leave you with something to laugh about: Go to Google and type in "weapons of mass destruction", but don't press enter. Click on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. That button will give you the first most relevent page that you're searching for. In this case, it's pretty funny. If you're already been emailed this, I just want to point out that it's not Google that did this, it's some website in the UK that is selling T-shirts and links to Amazon. It's clever, actually. Wish I had thought of it...

Also, as I'm typing this, I can hear some crazy woman on the television screaming "Vote John Kerry for President"... she's one of the pro-abortion psychos. I believe a woman's body is her own, and I think abortion is more of a moral battle than a legal one; but I'm glad these rabid fans of abortion are in Kerry's camp and not Bush's. I don't know why Bush feels the need to run a campaign targetting Kerry's inadequacies as opposed to Bush's strengths. I'm not very politically motivated, but anyone with half a brain can see that we (the US of A) are not in a place where it would be a good idea to hand over the control of the country to anyone, ESPECIALLY John Kerry. All I've seen him do is stick his foot in his mouth, which is probably where he should just leave it. [/end rant]

No comments: