Sunday, October 02, 2005

Box Office results are coming in...

... and Serenity did pretty good. Not as good as a lot of people were hoping, but some of their expectations were unrealistic. The fact of the matter is, Serenity had the 2nd highest draw this weekend, behind History of Violence, which has quite a star-studded cast.

The reviews are looking awesome too. Though there are a few negatives, if you look at the reviewers history, you'll probably find that you disagree with a lot of their reviews. I did, anyway...

One of the most amazing reviews I read was by none other than Orson Scott Card. Veteran geeks out there will recognize his name for the Ender's Game books, a series I enjoyed a long time ago, and have been meaning to pick up and continue with the new ones for a long time now. Now that I see he's a convert, I guess I'll have to get around to doing it...

My experience with the movie was as expected. It's an amazing story, told masterfully, and on the big screen it's just beautiful. I'm confident that once word of mouth gets around... there'll be continued interest, and the chance for Firefly to live on is better than ever before.

No comments: