Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Smartest Man in the World

Four people are on an airplane: the president, the smartest man in the world, an old man, and a young girl. The plane catches on fire, and there are only three parachutes.

The president gets one and says, "My country needs me!", and jumps.

The smartest man in the world grabs one and says, "Well, the world needs me, since I'm so smart," and jumps.

There now just one parachute left, and the old man says, "You take it -- My life is almost over anyway."

The little girl says, "No, we can both jump."

Confused, the old man asks, "How?" The little girl smiles and says, "The smartest man in the world took my backpack."



It appears that I somehow managed to overwrite a previous post... but the comments remained. Since I have no idea how this happened, and I have no real recollection of the the actual post (other than this picture, and wondering what the hell I'm doing here when THIS guy is there...) I figured I'd at least repost the picture.




No comments: