Thursday, June 10, 2004

Tuesday was a bad day...

... for a lot of people around here. I've been meaning to post about it, but have been working some long, strange hours; and haven't had the time or energy.

Of all the bad (and odd) things happening, it doesn't appear to be specifically targetted. Just random stuff.

Anyway, first there was a fatal accident in front of our apartment building. I was at work when it happened, but one of our other guys was home, and another one was on his way to the site. The guy that was killed was thrown from his vehicle, and even though the police and an ambulance arrived quickly, the body was left on the road for hours before it was finally picked up. I'll spare you the details that were given to me... there have been some rumors that it was a contractor, but nothing confirmed yet.

Shortly after that, an explosion was heard nearby, and our guy that was at home said he saw smoke coming from the small ship that's usually anchored offshore in front of our building. In a lot of the pictures I take of the water, you see it there. Looks like a coast guard ship, but I really couldn't tell you what it's doing there all the time. Mike said several boats raced out there, but he really couldn't tell what happened. The boat is still there.

And then later that day, two semi-tractor trucks hit at an intersection right in front of me. I was never in any danger, but if anyone had been in the front of me, they would have been crushed because one of the trucks was pushed into my lane. After we made sure no one was hurt (and the tanker truck wasn't carrying anything bad for our health), I got some pictures.

Suffice it to say, when I got home (and heard about the other events of the day), I just went to bed. There was just too much bad karma in the air to risk staying awake any longer that day... ya know?

Also, Ronald Reagan and Ray Charles both pass away in the same week. Two legendary figures, gone forever.

Love to all!

Oh yeah! Remember the BDM banner they fans sent to the Firefly set? One of the producers took pictures of the cast in front of the banner! How cool is that? Well... click here and see how cool it is...
VERY SHINY!





No comments: