Friday, December 05, 2003

Not a great week...

My apologies for not posting all week, but things have been very busy for us here. We're in the final stages for this project, and it looks like I'm going to have to get back to Kuwait sooner than expected. I'll know more about that this by Monday.

But what really has made this week lousy is some news we received last night. One of our co-workers, Stephanie Jones, passed away yesterday. She helped us a lot with this project while I was in New Jersey, and she was an incredible person. She was only 27 years old, and most definitely was in great health. We're still getting the details, but it seems like it was a blood clot in her lungs.

I don't remember for sure if I posted it, but this is the second person I worked with on this project that has passed away. Fred Castenada died of heart failure while he was deployed in Tikrit, Iraq.

I guess the point of this post is just to remind everyone that life is very precious, and not to take anything for granted. It really sucks that something like this has to happen to remind us of that...

Love to all

No comments: