Saturday, February 05, 2005

I'm still here!

Sorry it's been a while since I posted... as usual I get wrapped up in my day-to-day activities (or lack of) that I forget to post here. I actually started this post yesterday, but through a series of unfortunate events (... that phrase should bring me some traffic from the search engines ...), I lost the entire post. I just couldn't find the will to type it all over again, so I put it off until today.

Nothing overly exciting happening lately, just playing with the new camera and learning all it's tricks. This things is simply amazing, and I can't wait to start taking more interesting pictures than this:



... though there are a couple interesting things about this picture: It was taken from the 10th floor of my apartment building and they're probably looking through our trash for credit card receipts and other things people are dumb enough to throw away. Rest assured I shred and burn identifying stuff before it gets put in the garbage.

I've got a TON of pictures to upload, but I need to come up with a better system for sorting the pictures. Now that each picture is a little more than twice as big as the old one, a little self-restraint is needed. You won't notice a difference when you're viewing, but I notice it when I'm uploading...

...gets to park wherever he wants...
This was right in front of our building...

...also gets to park wherever he wants...
... but this wasn't ... yet.


That's about all I've got for current events! I do have a little bit of nostalgia to share with you, but I'm going to get my mom to give her version of events first. I'll set the stage for you mom: Christmas morning, early 1980's. The gift was Swordquest:Earthworld, a game for the Atari 2600. For those of you that don't know what that is, think Playstation but with the graphical power of Pong (I know... another geek reference that probably went over most everyone's head). For a visual reference, here's a screenshot of one my favorite Atari 2600 games, Adventure:



While I was searching for that picture, I found a website that had an exact duplication of this game available to play using Flash on the website!

And now a screenshot from a current game on the Playstation:



Just a slight improvement... hmm? Well I just picked up the Atari Anthology which has over 80 games from Atari 2600 on it. That's where I saw the Swordquest games (Earth/Fire/Waterworld), and reminded me of that Christmas morning, so, there you go mom. Let's hear your version of the events of that Christmas, either in the comments here, or email it to me. Then I'll give my version.

By the way, it's only 9 more days until the little guys birthday ... I think it's some kind of holiday too, I don't remember. I'll have to check my calendar.

Love to all!









No comments: