Wednesday, November 05, 2003

FINALLY!... I'm in Ankara, Turkey!

Several months past when I was SUPPOSED to be here, and after several HOURS flying, I made it to Turkey! Our flight took us through one stopover in Cairo (slept through that mostly), then a transfer in Frankfurt to Munich, then on to Ankara. Those of you good at your geography will notice that we flew in a big circle to get back to Ankara, but we flew Business Class, so we didn't complain (much). It still doesn't make much sense to me, but in order to have an open return date, we had to fly this route...

Cooler temperatures, actual FOLIAGE, hilly countryside, and an amazingly overpriced mall is about all I've experienced of this place so far. We're staying in the Sheraton for the time being, but are looking at an apartment at the end of the week.

That's all I've got time for right now. I'll post more tonight, and include some pictures... I need to stop promising that...

Love to all!

No comments: