Wednesday, April 27, 2005

>You can't stop the signal?

The trailer is out, and it is simply jaw-dropping gorgeous. You may be sick and tired of hearing me talk about this (I know Shelley is), but I DEFY any of you to watch the trailer and not be impressed. Those of you that are NOT sci-fi fans are NOT allowed to participate. Ahhh, go ahead; I'll just defy you too! hehe

And THEN, after watching (and showing it to others) NUMEROUS times... I get THIS:

From: browncoatadmin@serenitymovie.com
Date: 27 Apr 2005 06:11:05 -0000
Subject: Another Message From Joss

Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
Austin
Sacramento
Boston
Altanta
Chicago
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Denver
The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. There's supposed to be a "Can't Stop the Signal" page on this website (I don't know where it is -- hey, I remembered my damn password, doesn't that buy me any cred?) There should be more info there soon about how to get in, bringing peeps into the fold, I think there's even competetions and stuff. (All I know is I have exactly 20 Brownie points. I answered ONE triv Q and got it wrong. Forget cred. I have no cred.) Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

All right. This will please the fans and satisfy the employers of Joss Whedon, so I must stop as my arm-lasers are getting tired. I politely thank you for your attention.

Should be fun.

-j.


DAMNIT!!! I'm going to be missing it by about 48 HOURS!!! It's actually going to be in Denver and I'll miss it by 2 frickin' days!!!

By the way, (and before Shelley points it out) I'm also missing our wedding anniversary by just over 72 hours... But just THINK how perfect it would have been! I could have taken her to the advanced screening of the movie for our anniversary!!! What... you don't think she would have enjoyed that? Now that's just CRAZY talk! :P

Anyway, you can click on the banner below to go to the movie website. The direct links to download the trailer (instead of watching it streaming on the website, which I don't recommend) is:

Small - 4.83 MB (good)

Medium - 8.5 MB (better)

Large - 21 MB (best)

Full screen - 41MB (bestest)



Joss, I can't pledge my firstborn son (sorry... too attached) nor my eternal love (wife got that already), but you do have my undying gratitude... thanks for not giving up and pursuing easier ... umm .. pursuits.

No comments: