Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Movies of 2004

I work with a lot of great people; not just the people with my company, but the people that work at our site. One of those guys is Maj Faris Williams. (He's reading this right now, and if he knew how many people read this 'blog, he'd be blushing)

Anyway, he sent me and several other people we work with a list of The Movies of 2004, and wanted to know what we had seen, and what our favorites were. He's a bigger moviephile than me, as is evident by the fact that he's seen 113 of the 263 movies on the list, and I've only seen 60.

But the whole reason why this is a post, and not just a private email (other than the opportunity to publicly humiliate Faris), is that I noticed a "trend" for my movie picks. This won't surprise anyone that knows me, because it's well-known that I like "bad" movies. One of my favorite movies of all time is Hudson Hawk, so that should tell you something...

Anyway, I reduced the list first to what I'd seen, then gave them a quick rating of 1 (didn't like it, wouldn't watch again) to 5. Bearing in mind that I will enjoy a "2" movie ... whereas Faris is more of a movie snob, and if it's not at LEAST a 3.5, he refuses to allow it to be shown in his presence ever again.

So, here's my list:

5 Shrek 2
5 Spider-Man 2
5 Napoleon Dynamite
5 Eurotrip
4 I, Robot
4 The Bourne Supremacy
4 50 First Dates
4 Hero
4 DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
4 Kill Bill Vol. 2
4 Mean Girls
4 Man on Fire
4 Hidalgo
4 Hellboy
4 The Butterfly Effect
4 Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
4 Team America: World Police
4 Wimbledon
4 Jersey Girl
4 Garden State
4 Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
4 I Heart Huckabees
4 Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut
3 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3 The Day After Tomorrow
3 Shark Tale
3 The Polar Express
3 The Terminal
3 The Aviator
3 Resident Evil: Apocalypse
3 The Chronicles of Riddick
3 Blade: Trinity
3 Closer
3 Dawn of the Dead
3 13 Going on 30
3 Miracle
3 The Punisher
3 Alfie
3 Shaun of the Dead
3 Super Size Me
3 Touching the Void
2 Troy
2 Van Helsing
2 Alien vs. Predator
2 Starsky and Hutch
2 The Forgotten
2 Home on the Range
2 Secret Window
2 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2 Taking Lives
2 Walking Tall
2 Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman
2 The Girl Next Door
2 Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
2 Vanity Fair
1 The Village
1 Fahrenheit 9/11
1 King Arthur
1 Garfield: The Movie
1 Torque
1 Thunderbirds


Notice that there are a LOT of 2's, 3's, and 4's, but only a few 1's and 5's. I don't know if that's normal or not, but it seems about right for me. Looking at the list now, I think I was maybe a little too generous with the 2's... there are a few that I doubt I would ever take the time to watch again...

One more dig at Faris: HE HATED "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams ... definitely in my top 100 movies of all time. Guess I'll need to get to work on that list.

Love to all!

No comments: