Thursday, March 31, 2005

NANA ALERT!

It looks like my mom has finally got some pictures uploaded to her online photo album. She's using the same service that I am, but having problems uploading in bulk... which may be a good thing for us all. I have a sneaking suspicion that when she masters it there will be a torrent of grandkid pictures. Of course, that's the whole point, so there's really no reason to fear it...

Her album is up at http://www.pixagogo.com/papanana

I've got about 5 weeks left here, so I've got to start packing all the crap I've accumulated over the past year and half here. I'm told that it's a common problem for contractors... the amassing of junk that you thought you really needed, and in truth you could have managed just fine without it. And then you've got to figure out what to do with it. My method has been to just put it on the shelf and deal with it later... of course I had to buy shelves, and now I've got to figure out what to do with those too. It's a vicious cycle. Most the stuff I will just pass on to other contractors, and make it their problem. The smarter ones pass on the "free stuff"; the dumber ones think I'm doing them a favor... the REALLY dumb ones buy the stuff from me. hehe

More later, gotta run to work! Mike left to go on leave today... he's been here for nearly a year straight without leave, so he was WAY overdue. He was nearly as cynical and jaded as I was when I took my couple of months of last fall. He's got a lot of fun things planned for his trip home, so he should come back his normal and happy self... just in time for me to bounce out of here.

Love to all!





No comments: