Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The best laid plans...

Full Moon for Gritty! 11/15/2005I made the mistake of "demanding" a friend of mine post something on his website every day for the 7 days to make up for his forced exile from the Internet... and he pointed out that it had been two weeks since I had posted something... so he's challenged me to do the same. Talk about backfiring... So check here and there to keep us honest...


My mom and dad were visiting over the past weekend, and they just barely made it out of here before a storm closed I-70 yesterday. My mom said they drove the last 80 miles of their drive to Denver in "blinding snow". Now, I'm not one to say, "I told you so..." Oh wait, yes I am... When they first told me they were going to fly to Denver, then drive over, I didn't think much of it. But slowly, it dawned on me... driving from Denver to GJ, in the middle of November = not a great idea. Regardless of weather forecasts, storms come out of nowhere, and shut down the mountain passes for hours. There was a very real possibility of them being delayed either coming or going, and they were lucky enough to be on the other side of the hill when they closed the pass.

Looks like that same storm hit the midwest today. Some of these areas had just been hit by severe storms last week, and are still digging out. One of the many reasons I'm glad I don't live in that area anymore...



So Nana and Papa got to spend some quality time with Ryan, but I don't think I got any pictures of them together. I know my mom got a few, but I must have missed them. We visited the Dinosaur Museum in Fruita on Saturday, so I got a few good pictures of Ryan there, but only the poorly posed picture of everyone (but me) on the earthquake floor.



For those of you interested in the whole Jack Thompson thing, there's a great article over at one of my new favorite websites. The Wikipedia on him continues to grow, and it's full of truths, half-truths, lies, and hyperbole; but all good info nonetheless. My disdain for this guy also grows, and one of these days I'm going to just unleash on him over at my other website. I'll let you know if that happens...

Well, other than to tell you I've uploaded several new pictures, that's all I've got. Guess I need to save up some stuff for the next 6 days too... hehe

Love to all!







No comments: