Friday, November 25, 2005

I Learned a New Word Today!

Solipsism:
1. The theory that the self is the only thing that can be known and verified.
2. The theory or view that the self is the only reality.

I'm sure I've said it before, but in case you didn't catch it: I'm a big fan of Penn & Teller. I've seen them live in Las Vegas, bought a few of their books and DVDs, and I read Penn Jillette's contributions to various magazines and websites whenever I come across them.

Recently I just installed Google Desktop on my computer at work, and I'm really liking it. One of the things it adds is a What's Hot panel that shows you things that are new and popular on the 'net. That's how I came across this article, and thus learned my new word. It's a great read, and the website itself is an interesting way to spend some time too.

Hope everyone had a Happy Turkey Day, and you're spending the day burning all the calories you racked up yesterday... We got some good pictures yesterday, including some shots or Ryan discovering that you can stick black olives on your fingers and sing and dance at the same time. I swear it's true... I've got the pics to prove it... I'll get them uploaded this weekend!






No comments: