Monday, August 11, 2003

Don't Mess with Texas...

Well, here I am, in Texas. Not much to report since it's been a veritable whirlwhind of activity since I've hit the ground. After landing around 4:30pm last night, I spent about 5 hours on base just doing in-processing. Then I went to the hotel, ordered pizza, and fell fast asleep. Since I had to get up at 4am, I didn't have much time for anything else! I realized yet another reason why I didn't join the military. These people want to get up and do stuff about the time I'm ready to go to bed!

Today was spent standing in a lot of lines, getting a LOT of shots (Anthrax, Smallpox, Hepatitis, Typhoid, just to mention a few...), and answering a lot of questions.

Now I'm sitting at Kinko's (paying .20/minute to type this, and check my email), going to go find something for dinner. I'll post something a little more interesting tomorrow.

Love to all!

No comments: