Wednesday, August 06, 2003

How pathetic is THIS?

ESPN.com: TENNIS - Report: Tennis parent accused of drugging foes

... reading stuff likes this kinda makes you feel a little less bad about the choices you've made in your life, doesn't it?

Well, I'm a little less than halfway thru my vacation, and about halfway thru the "honey-do" list... so I guess I'm doing fine. I can actually walk to the BACK of the garage now... can you believe that? Just in time to fill it up with MORE stuff, to make room for the tadpole... Roberta and Joe have GENEROUSLY given us their baby stuff from Sierra (I'll link a picture to his cute little girl if I can get one from Roberta (hint, hint)).

Been getting a bit of news from the work front, and have decided that I'm going to stop telling people where I'm going, until I actually GET there. The only thing for SURE at this point is that I'm going to "pre-deployment" training in Ft. Bliss (El Paso, TX) on 10 August. Beyond that, I've heard Afghanistan, Kuwait, and even my original project are all "heating up"... As I said.. I'll just let you know when I get there!

Shelley is doing good, healthy and everything. We're going to try and talk the doctor into moving up her next appt so I can be here for it, and MAYBE hear the tadpole's heartbeat. If I'm a REAL geek, I might even be able to manage to give you a recording of it... hmmm Audblog would come in VERY handy there, wouldn't it??

OK, that's all I've got for now. I've been playing Puzzle Pirates more than is healthy, but that's not unusual for me. Also, for you gamers out there, I've got a couple of REALLY good tips. First, GO CHECK OUT the videos of Half-Life 2!!! This game is going to be unbelievable!!! If you're a FilePlanet subscriber (and on broadband), get them from there. The biggest one is 600M (!), but it's SOOOOOO worth it...

Also, for you 80's children, Tron 2.0 is going to be out in September, and the new demo is out. It's MUCH better than the first one, and has a few single player levels as well. FilePlanet is a good place to get that one too.

That's all for now, hope you're all healthy and all. Drop me a line or comment, or use the tag-board, let me know you were here!

No comments: