Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Email ...

... as Shelley's tag says, my email has been a bit spotty out here. The biggest problem is that I hadn't cleared the mail from my gvcn.net mailbox in so long, it was taking forever to download all the messages that had accumulated since I left Colorado on Aug 10th. There was over 10,000 emails in my box, and that didn't include the times I would login on the webmail and delete all the spam I noticed.

To make matters even worse, the 'net connection at the apartment is spotty at best. So it took me the better part of a week to clear that box, and sort thru it. There's still over 4,000 emails I have to mark as spam. I've GOT to find a better solution; I refuse to give up my scotti@gvcn.net email account to the spammers. I will find a way to beat them, damnit!

So my recommendation right now is to send mail to either my SGrattan@tamsconj.com or scott.grattan@us.army.mil accounts. Doesn't matter which one, they both are getting forwarded to me here, so there's no downloading issues.

I'm getting ready to go to bed, it's been another long day. We've had an "Information Assurance Manager" in our midst for the past week, and I just dropped him off at the airport an hour or so ago. I was all set to dislike him before he showed up, but he turned out to be ok, and we share a lot of common interests. I even loaned him my Firefly DVD, so you KNOW I must think he's a decent guy. (he's probably reading this, so I won't be able to deny that statement later... ).

Well, there was dozen other things I wanted to share, but I'm just running out of energy. Still have a lot of projects that I need to finish, and am running low on stamina. I need a day to "recharge", but just don't have the time at the moment.

blah blah... I'm rambling, so I'll just say good night!



No comments: