Sunday, October 12, 2003

It's Good to be Loved!

Despite the opinions of my so-called "loving wife" and "friends"... I am not getting old and forgetful... I've just been really busy lately, and haven't had the time to regale you with the complete details the event deserves! It was a very "cool" moment for me (as a soon-to-be daddy), and I wanted to be able to give it my complete and undivided attention!!!

...

What was I talking about?

OH YEAH! So I'm standing outside our operations center talking to a few other people (about something important, I'm sure... like what we're going to do for dinner...), and my phone rings. My phone has some very interesting tones, so people always look at me funny. Fortunately, I'm used to that...

So it's Shelley, and I know it's like 4:30 in the morning there, so I'm already wondering what she's doing up. She tells me the baby was hungry, and woke her up, and now he's kicking her. She wanted me to "have a talk with him", presumably about his behaviour... I think she has a theory that if we start giving this kid direction at an early age (ie, in utero), we stand a better chance of keeping him on the straight and narrow.

Most of you knew me growing up (and someday, I might actually get there...); do you think this guy has any shot at being well-behaved??? He's still fetal and he's already giving her a hard time! Imagine when he's mobile!

OK, so I wander off behind a container (you know, those big metal boxes they put on cargo ships), and start talking to ... well... Shelley's belly. I tell him to settle down, and wait until he's actually OUTSIDE her body to start being difficult. I can only assume he ignored me (since I have no real leverage... it's not like I can ground him or anything ... "and you'll just SIT in that womb until I say you can come out, you got me mister?")

Oh yeah... this is gonna be fun...



No comments: