Saturday, October 04, 2003

..."to where the river flows"

The concert last night was pretty good, a little slow starting out, and it was funny listening to people around me who didn't know who Collective Soul was recognize songs like "Gel" and "Shine". Several of the songs were a little "changed" for the live versions, and I don't usually like the "live" versions as much as the studio recordings; but the version of "December" was really good. "Where the river flows", however, really wasn't that great. They ALWAYS open with that one in Grand Junction (rivers, junction, etc...)

December:
Why drink the water
from my hand?
Contagious as you think I am
Just tilt my sun towards
your domain.
Your cup runneth over again.

Don't scream about
Don't think aloud
Turn your head now baby
Just spit me out
Don't worry about
Don't speak of doubt
Turn your head now baby
Just spit me out

Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am.
Don't throw away your basic needs,
Ambiance and vanity.

December promise you gave unto me
December whispers of treachery
December clouds are now covering me
December songs no longer I sing


I had another "surreal moment" the other day, as I was leaving for work the other morning. I was thinking that I'm probably one of the few people in the History of the World that has ever had thoughts like "I really hate it when the maid folds my shirts instead of hanging them in the closet." and "The Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce MRE* is pretty good!", in the same day.


* For those of you that don't know, an MRE is "Meal Ready to Eat", and it's a complete nutritional package of a main course, snacks and side dishes, heavy-duty plastic spoon, a hot and cold drink mix, dessert and snacks. Most of them are pretty good (read: fairly edible), some of them are just plain nasty (the Jamaican Pork Chop and Noodles, for example).

I'm sending Shelley a care package back for her birthday, and besides her birthday gifts, it's got a bunch of Kuwait and Iraq stuff (like a 25 Dinar bill from the Central Bank of Iraq). Ask her for a look at some of her goodies!

Ok, I'm off to work! Love to all!

No comments: