Thursday, October 09, 2003

What are we going to do today, Brain?

... same thing we do every day, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

And according to this, I'm well on my way. This graph shows the percentage of visitors this site gets from different timezones. It's fairly self-explanatory, and not a real surprise (majority of hits are from MST), but there are some hits over here that surprise me. I guess the admins upstream from our link here in Kuwait have noticed traffic to my website, and are checking it out too.



Anyway, I guess we'll top 1000 hits since July 19, 2003 sometime later today, so that's something of a milestone. Must mean I'm popular to some people, I guess ("you like me! you really do!").

I'm heading off to work now, then I'm PLANNING on coming home and getting some picture albums posted. Same policy as usual: no promises! :P

I also wanted to explain the email situation a bit better. The first difficulty is the fact that the 'net connection in my apartment is not very reliable. It tends to go up and down whenever it wants... When it IS working, the distance factor makes downloading mail a very lengthy process. 100 messages can take over 15 minutes, and I get about 250/day. The majority of that is crap, and my spam filter only catches about half of the junk.

Finally, the last difficulty is the fact that this 'net service here doesn't provide an SMTP server, which is required for actually SENDING mail out... I know, doesn't make sense to me either... but I'm working on a solution for that as well.

So the best bets for getting mail to me right now are my and accounts. The Hotmail account will only get to me if you're on my address book, and very few people are. That one gets more spam then my gvcn account, and I got tired of having to login every couple of days just to look at junk mail.

So if you've sent me an email, the chances are good that I've gotten it, but replying isn't always an easy prospect. I'm working on it!

That's all I've got for now. I really am going to work on those pictures... I know you're all getting tired of my rambling, and want to start seeing the pictures...

Love to all!

No comments: